Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

Gedney House Museum

Add to plan Remove from plan

Salem shipwright Eleazer Gedney built the earliest portion of the Gedney House in 1665. Originally, the house was an asymmetrical composition consisting of two rooms on the first floor, a single chamber above, and an attic with a front-facing gable. Significant renovations to the structure in 1712 and 1800 resulted in dramatic changes to the house's appearance.

The Gedney House Museum is one of thirty-six properties owned and operated by Historic New England.

  • Historic
  • Family
Processing