Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

Old Stone Schoolhouse

Add to plan Remove from plan

Built in 1828, this one-room school served its Fairhaven, MA, neighborhood until 1896. Here, the children of sea captains and farmers learned learned reading, writing and 'rithmetic. The schoolhouse is open by appointment only. (508-979-4085) Learn about 19th century schooling. Hands-on activities for children include writing with pen and ink and old-fashioned schoolyard games.

  • Historic
  • Family
Processing